[Rhodes22-list] Rhodes 22

MarkW MarkW at TOSHIBATIC-PA.com
Thu Jul 17 17:56:58 EDT 2003

I guess what you are saying is that regardless of whether the boat is up on
a lift or in the water--for bay side sailing or ocean sailing--bottom paint
is recommended---I am told that this must be done each season--sand down and
apply---if this is the case--I really guess it does not matter whether the
boat is stored on a lift or in the water--correct?

Mark W

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Meltzer [mailto:mjm at michaelmeltzer.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2003 4:47 PM
To: The Rhodes 22 mail list
Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] Rhodes 22

no need unless damaged,

the boat will only spend 6 months a year in the water and will have 6 months
to dry out(keep the bilge dry), you will be pulling it
for winter storage(I am sure they have that rule too :-), also you will
already be sealing the bottom with bottom paint(it is
required on the coast). so their is no need. but if you wish 3M barrier cost
I think is best and interlux is used in allot of
repairs.

MJM