[Rhodes22-list] Rhodes 22

MarkW MarkW at TOSHIBATIC-PA.com
Thu Jul 17 18:13:42 EDT 2003

Hello Slim and thanks for your response--I know it is a biggie--I sailed a
Hobie 18 for 10 years--kept it in the slip at my condo--and had to bottom
paint it--the Hobie is so darn fast that I could not really tell the
difference (as I did not race it). I came across a super deal on a Hunter 17
this season--brand new--don't really like it--so decided not to bottom coat
it--I take it in and out each weekend to sail---plan to sell it after the
season--I am really interseted in the Rhodes 22--would be great for the bay
side sailing--I could put a lift up in a second condo that I own if needed
but it is 5 miles south of the one we use as second home--our association
does not allow lifts--this is the background to my question--all I am really
interested in as if/when I get a Rhodes either new or pre-owned--is to
protect it--I will not race it--

Regards,
MarkW

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Alm [mailto:salm at mn.rr.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2003 5:06 PM
To: Rhodes
Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] Rhodes 22

Mark,

Hello and welcome to the Rhodes list.  The bottom paint issue has been
batted around a lot--it's a biggie.  General Boats uses Petit Trinidad.  But
more important is what's on your (future) boat now.  My boat's in fresh
water so I ignore the salt water stuff, but you'll need that info.  If you
search the Rhodes archives by topic, you'll find many posts on the subject.
If you buy from GB (either recycled or new) Stan will be able to accommodate
you.  All the boats from the factory come with bottom paint.

Good luck,
Slim
S/V Fandango