[Rhodes22-list] I'm Confused Was (Stupid People Tricks)

FNuttersNY at aol.com FNuttersNY at aol.com
Fri Jul 18 20:29:44 EDT 2003

Well folks interesting engine debate.  I have a 91/2 hp evinrude "sporttwin"
in  a well on my 1973 R22 .  It came with the boat and is at least 30 yrs old.
 I  almost pulled it out thinking any thing that old and ugly is ready for
the scrap heap.  But I kept it in to give it a try but mounted a  new 3.3hp
2strk John. on a bracket as back up.  Well to my delight the old sporttwin runs
like a champ. No smoke  no mess and very smooth.  Starts on first pull. I have
a throttle setup that slides in and out from under the bench with reverse and
kill switch.  Two strokes have been reliable because the're simple plus they
are light weight.  You get a high hp to weight ratio.    But I would have
thought the new generation 4stks especially Hondas  would be superb and trouble
free.  I would want them to  befairly light as well.  Is this not so?  You have
me all wondering. Perhaps a small light weight desel job lurks on the horizon.