[Rhodes22-list] Rhodes 22 Fuel Mileage

Steve rhodes2282 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 23 07:36:40 EDT 2003

Hey Roger
My 4.5hp Johnson 2 stroke uses about 1 sometime 2, 6
gallon tank a year.  But I mostly just use it to get
out of the slip.  The only things that make me use
more fuel is when I motor to the bar that on our lake.
 But Liquor consumption is allowed to offset fuel
consumption:-) My motor once I get it up to speed
probably run a little under 5 knots but I would guess
since I uselly don't push it, closer to an average of
4 knots.  I don't know how many miles I run so I have
nothing to divide this by.

Your right about 2 strokes spitting out oil & fuel.
They always have.  But since I spend a lot extra in
cigarette taxes, beer taxes, etc.; In my opinion the
government can take my share of tax money and clean up
after me. I would much rather them do that as appose
to giving it to some SOB who has never work a day in
his life.  Also, the good thing about my 2 stroke is
that it will run on Bourbon & 7:-)
Steve