[Rhodes22-list] Measured Hull Speed

Christine Allison sailnut at asan.com
Wed Jul 23 10:52:11 EDT 2003

In my opinion the boats hull speed is about 5.2 knots or a little better.  I
make it a point to run my GPS to aid in sail trim when the boat is cranking
along.

 I recognize that the GPS provides speed over the ground however after a lot
of observations and taking the state of the current into consideration I
think a Rhodes would be hard pressed to maintain more then 5.2 knots and in
actuality probably 4.7 to 4.9 knots (sustained) would represent excellent
sailing.

Richard Smith