[Rhodes22-list] Catalina 22 vs. R22

Steve rhodes2282 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 24 10:26:26 EDT 2003

Yes, Mary Lou, sail shape & adjustments makes a world
of different.  I even saw a great change when I
upgraded my furler to the Schafer Snapfurl system.
Being able to loosen luff tension on a downwind run &
tighten on a beat makes a big diferent.

I's not really wanting to start the IMF vs. Standard
main discussion again but you got to love those
battens and the extra sail area plus adjustments that
you can put into the main does add speed.
Steve