[ham] [Rhodes22-list] hole in keel mystery

Michael Meltzer mjm at michaelmeltzer.com
Mon Jul 28 02:47:30 EDT 2003

I think the hollow was a patch, it sound like a PO broke off a piece and repaired it?, the area should be solid if I understand you
right about the location, I would also not use form their, you need the strength for a grounding. May I subject that you shot a few
1/4 to 5/8 holes into the cabin before repairing the damage, after glassing over, from the cabin side inject a sand/epoxy mixture
thought the holes you made by loading up "blank" caulk gun cartages, use slow hardener to keep the heat and "kicking" down.

Now that the centerboard is in play, then are more problem, I try to help but their are problem dealing piecemeal here.

Todd, IIRC your boat is about the same year and you did some pictures of the keel(the one I remember had the area in question
blocked), could you repost them? maybe with the area inquestion highlighted, it would help to have something to point to, also, I
suspect the rigging guild picture for the cb line is going to be needed, the blocks in their might be long gone.

MJM

PS. take it all with a grain of salt, I still in guessing mood.
PSS. Your rudder is a good temple for the CB, IIRC they were both coming out of the same mold.