[Rhodes22-list] Motors with electric start

John Tonjes johntonjes at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 2 12:40:28 EDT 2003

Rob,
Bob Keller has the electric start option on his Tohatsu and it works slick.
He has a dedicated battery for this purpose and the charging coil is enough
to keep this battery charged. Not knowing your electrical usage, the
charging coil WILL add juice to the battery depending on how much you
motor. If you do add a solar panel or two, I would recommend installing the
charge protector available through WM to prevent overcharging by the
panels. The charge coil on the motor is not enough to overcharge the
battery by itself.
Good luck.

Rummy

PS....they now have a 12 volt blender....is life great or what?