[Rhodes22-list] How are depth sounders callibrated.

Saroj saroj at pathfind.net
Tue Jun 3 14:44:01 EDT 2003

Speaking of depth sounders, I recently moved my boat up the York river and
crossed some spots that were displaying as 6' something.  Is there a
standard calibration on depth sounders that has the depth from the water
surface level or the bottom of the boat or ???  I don't know at what point
to start getting worried.  Or do I need to do my own measurements to see
what my particular depth sounder is set for?

Second question, Is there a way to recalibrate these?  Mine came with the
boat so I don't have any directions.

Thanks,
Saroj