[Rhodes22-list] How are depth sounders callibrated.

Mary Lou Troy mltroy at netreach.net
Tue Jun 3 23:06:23 EDT 2003

Saroj - welcome to the Chesapeake - you'll get used to seeing 6' on the
depth after a while. LOL Average depth in the Bay is something like 20'.
Fortunately the bottom is mostly (though not entirely) mud.  We use a fish
finder for depth. It has all kinds of settings and we have it set for the
actual depth under the transducer.

You mentioned rain in one of your other posts. This is not usual weather at
all. I'm sitting here in a turtleneck, sweatshirt and sweatpants typing
this. Temps seem to be running about a month behind and the number of rainy
days has been unreal. Maybe I should have said welcome to the Pacific NW. ;-)

Mary Lou