[Rhodes22-list] Battery to Motor Connects

Kroposki kroposki at innova.net
Wed Jun 4 12:45:01 EDT 2003

Rummy,
	You said extend the battery connections that come with the
motor.  They are about 6 feet long.  If you extend to v berth battery,
don't you need heavier wire?  That would mean replacing the existing
wire from the motor and going all the way to the front battery.
	What gauge is the existing hook up wire?  It is very flexible
and I doubt that it is anywhere near # 8 gauge.  The manual doesn't
tell.  And what would the appropriate gauge be from the motor to the
front battery?  I am sure that # 2 as Michael has suggested is over
kill.  West marine has a insulated #8 dual wire that I think might work,
but I am not sure.  As for starting the motor when the battery is low,
how can that be a problem, just pull start it.
	Another question is that the owners manual doesn't tell the
current draw of the electric start.  If we knew the current draw, we
could calculate the gauge necessary.
	Anybody got the answers?
                               Ed K