[Rhodes22-list] The stern rail

mkorsten at optonline.net mkorsten at optonline.net
Sat Jun 7 17:42:03 EDT 2003

I would like to replace the ring clasp that holds the stern ladder in the up position. In order to do this, it seems that it is necessary to disassemble the entire stern rail. I thought this would not be a problem until I tried it and encountered the wire that supplies current to the stern light. This prevents disassembly of the railing. Is there an easy way to free an end of one of the upright tubes so that the new clasp that Stan sent me will slide over it and lock in the appropriate place for grabbing the ladder. I guess I could just use a bungee cord and fix something more important but it has become a bit of an enticing Chinese puzzle.