[Rhodes22-list] another rudder problem

Bob Weber ruba1811 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 9 12:31:51 EDT 2003

Tom, This has been a constant pain for me until I discovered a trick.  On
mine (86) there is a little round thing on the aft side of the jam cleat.
The round thing has two little nubs which hold the jam cleat inplace. You
turn the round thing with the nubs (nylon) to just the right angle (2 and 8
Oclock for me) a give a good push aft and It sticks untill you hit something
again.  If you are missing the nubs you need to replace the nylon disk or
get a new jam cleat from GB.   Bob Weber