[Rhodes22-list] Furler

Michael Meltzer mjm at michaelmeltzer.com
Thu Jun 12 18:36:04 EDT 2003

the GB OEM system, the drum "checks"(i.e. the top and bottom plastic disk that keep the line one the drum) for trailering has a hole
drilled in it to secure it to the mask, the idea it to keep the tub against the mast. it is nothing more than an "U" bracket on the
mast and a 1/4 inch+- hole in the disk that a fastpin goes thought. Most likely he got some twist in the system and the plastic gave
way.

1) A quick fix, would be to fill the hole with epoxy putty and sand it down smooth, redrill on the other side, it should work but it
depend on the type of plastic used that year(i.e. epoxy does not stick to some types).
2)if the epoxy fails it i would just file it out(i.e. redo the curve to take out the hole) trying to take off the minimum martial,
the worst case is the line will have a bad habbit of coming off the drum.
3)upgrade to a CDI, which is not a bad idea in it self but is costly(new forstay, the CDI and sail work)

MJM