[Rhodes22-list] Sailopboat tows motorboat!

Wally Buck tnrhodey at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 15 10:06:25 EDT 2003

Well I wasn’t under sail …

I ignored the 60% chance of rain and went out for a fine sail yesterday. I
saw a group in a bow rider waving a paddle and sailed over to offer some
help. I let them borrow my cell phone. No luck. I offered to tow them the 2
miles back to my marina. It turns out they live 5 houses down from Blue
Springs Marina so I towed them to their dock. I dropped them off and they
offered to pay me.  I declined and went on my way. The father was waiting at
my slip and insisted I take two nice bottles of wine. They were really nice
folks.

And the sailing was great. I had to snap a pic of the boat being towed. See
attached. The 6 hp certainly knew it was pulling a load.