[Rhodes22-list] Securing Outboard Motor to Boat

Robert Dilk Robert.Dilk at TRW.COM
Mon Jun 23 11:55:39 EDT 2003

I had my 1999  5 hp Nissan stolen. I had a lock on the motor.
It only takes one person with the desire to "own" your property.
Do your best and let the Insurance take care of the rest.

Bob
S/V Knot Necessary

>>> tnrhodey at hotmail.com 06/23/03 10:40AM >>>
Obvioulsy my response did not address any concerns you have about theft. I
have been very slack on the security side of things with my boat. My Marina
has locked gates, the owner lives in a house over looking the marina, there
are security lights and several year round live aboards. I may have a false
sense of security but I have not bought a motor lock.

Fair Winds,

Wally