[Rhodes22-list] Securing Outboard Motor to Boat

Jay Friedland a.jayf at verizon.net
Mon Jun 23 15:43:30 EDT 2003

Dan-
You can accomplish both securing the motor and theft prevention on the
Yam with a thru bolt and keyed locking nut from McGard.com. I just
upgraded to the Yam from the Merc and used their system on both. The
socket is machined to the locknut and no wrench I know of can undo it
only cutting it off flush. I also had the Master OB lock bar on like
the club just to deter would-bes. There is a coupling on the Yam that I
attached to the nearby eyebolt with a bike aircraft cable in case the
motor lift bracket gives. Most of this is overkill for where I am but
this is my most significant purchase so better safe. You're always
welcome to come by if you're local.
Jay