[Rhodes22-list] Solar panels, regulator revisited

Michael Meltzer mjm at michaelmeltzer.com
Wed Jun 25 00:05:37 EDT 2003

Jay, you have 2x10 watts panels(I assume), at battery voltage that's 1.47 amps, assuming two #27 batteries 100-115 amp-hours
each(depend on type) wired in parallel mean 200-230 amp-hours, or the solar charging is 1.47/200=.75% to 1.47/230=.639%, the rule of
thumb is if the panels are below 1%-2% of the batteries they is no need for regulation. Now a diode to stop overnight discharge is
useful.

Does that help.

MJM