[Rhodes22-list] Rip in main

mltroy mltroy at netreach.net
Thu Jun 26 11:00:17 EDT 2003

Mark,
While you are waiting for the cost estimates to repair &
recut why don't see if Stan has any used sails to sell? That
main is nearly 15 years old. He might have something better
and newer for a lot less than new.

On the other hand, the rip is at the point where you would
expect highest UV exposure and stresses on the cloth if the
sail was ever left almost completely furled or with the
outhaul loose. The rest of the sail might well have a couple
of years left.

Best of luck with it,
Mary Lou
1991 R22  Fretless