[Rhodes22-list] Bimini Track

Bill Berner bberner at optonline.net
Fri Jun 27 01:48:31 EDT 2003

I got my Bimini track installed this evening.

Very simple job.  4 Pilot holes and screws.  Mounted the 30" tracks just
forward of the winches down the center of each gunnel.

Deck hinges screw to the track slides that come with the track.  End
fittings are also included.

The thing slides beautifully, and now goes plenty far forward enough to free
up the gunnels for sitting.

Only potential issue I see is securing the track slide in place using the
bimini.  It may slide around some, but I ran out of time to really fiddle
around with the tensioning of the bimini straps.  Getting that right may
make it a non issue.

I'm going to see if there area any sort of track stops available as well.

For those who don't have Stan's genoa track rig for the bimini, so far this
looks like a really good solution for very little $$.

BB

Bill Berner
191 South Broadway
Hastings on Hudson, NY  10706