[Rhodes22-list] Anchor rode fairleads

mltroy mltroy at netreach.net
Mon Jun 30 12:20:03 EDT 2003

bob, we just bring the rode over the smooth edge of the bow
between the two side legs of the bow pulpit. Seems to chafe
less than any fairleads I've ever used.

Richard, I'm having difficulty with the idea of always using
all of your anchor rode. We have 200' of rode on our main
anchor. When we've anchored in 25 feet of water we've used
all of it but we often anchor in 5-6' of water. We'd be
swinging into everyone else in the anchorage if we put out
all of our line. We routinely anchor in depths ranging from
5-15'. It would seem to me that we ought to be using a
length of rode appropriate to the depth.

Mary Lou
1991 Rhodes 22 Fretless
Swan Creek, MD / Ft. Washington, PA