[Rhodes22-list] Rip in main

Mark Kaynor mark at kaynor.org
Mon Jun 30 15:45:49 EDT 2003

Rummy,

Thanks. We dropped the mast and removed the main yesterday and are going to
take a shot a fixing it ourselves. We're planning to remove the Sunbrella
from the sail, move it up the leech just enough to provide enough good
material, then adjust either the foot or the next seam up to take up the
difference. Once done w/ this, we'll take the repaired sail and the
Sunbrella to a local upholsterer and get her to do the heavy sewing. We're
expecting this will also address the "dragging the foot of the sail on the
boom slide" issue, too, since the clew will be an inch or three higher than
it is now. We're hoping to put off having to buy a new sail for a bit
longer.

Mark Kaynor