[Rhodes22-list] new IMF main

General Boats wwrhodes@rhodes22.com
Mon, 03 Mar 2003 11:35:39 -0500

for the record:  This is a copy of a GBI letter going out this week:

"To all our current buyers, prospects and owners:

The second generation IMF Main with its secret batten has arrived.

The only one who has actually sailed a boat with this proprietary design
is Jay Friedland, so you can ask him for comments via the internet:
rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org

The purpose for this design was to increase main sail area of the IMF
Main so as to be equal to or greater than the standard main with its
standard battens.   For those whose boat sometimes sails with a lee
helm, this larger sail area will tend to be of some help.

The cost of this upgrade on new or recycled orders in process is $295.
For those contemplating buying a new IMF Main with this feature, the
sail cost is $895.

We are not pushing this item and do this mailing because in the past we
have been berated by buyers saying to us, "Why didn't you tell me about
this - I would have wanted it".  So, for those of you who feel you must
have this feature, please let us know ASAP - our bulk spring sail order
goes out next week."

end of mailer copy ......