[Rhodes22-list] Mast Stuff

brad haslett flybrad@yahoo.com
Tue, 4 Mar 2003 08:11:07 -0800 (PST)

I just finished cleaning last winters accumulation of
"crud" off the mast along with some old decals from
previous owners.  It looks great!  Does anyone have a
product they recommend to coat it with?  Wax perhaps?

Now its time to re-attach the newly cleaned and
conditioned sail to the IMF furler.  I'm sure it can
be done in the back yard with two people, one to keep
the sail off the grass, but I'm wondering if anyone
has done it single-handed indoors.  It seems the sail
could be wrapped around the furling tube indoors (my
family room is long enough) and then slipped inside
the mast.  This way you don't have to worry about
getting the sail dirty.  Anyone used this method?

Lastly, what did the decal about two feet up from the
mast step say.  The only readable part that was left
said "DANGER".  I assume it said, "DROPPING MAST ON
HEAD CAN CAUSE SWEARING AND HURT"  or something like
that.  Now I probably can't sue GBI for driving down
the road and snagging overhead power lines because the
decal has been removed.

Brad Haslett