[Rhodes22-list] Fw: American Sign

Robert Quinn rjquinn@bellsouth.net
Tue, 4 Mar 2003 17:04:37 -0600

  A sign at a business establishment in Philadelphia, PA reads:

  "WE WOULD RATHER DO BUSINESS
  WITH 1000 AL QUAEDA TERRORISTS
  THAN WITH A SINGLE AMERICAN"

  This sign was prominently displayed in the window of a business in
  Philadelphia. You are probably outraged at the thought of such an
  inflammatory statement. One would think that anti-hate groups from all
  across the country would be marching on this business... And that the
  National Guard might have to be called to keep the angry crowds back.
  But, perhaps in these stressful times one might be tempted to let the
  proprietors simply make their statement . . . We are a society who
  holds Freedom of Speech as perhaps our greatest liberty . . . And after
  all, it is just a sign. You may ask what kind of business would dare
  post such a sign?

  Keep going.

  Almost there.

  Answer: