[Rhodes22-list] True confessions........topic: woodwork.

Jay Friedland a.jayf@verizon.net
Fri, 7 Mar 2003 23:42:06 -0500

Rummy-
You must be living right. French girls who want to crew for you. A
gorgeous salesgirl who knows what to recommend. You even remember who
you bought it from- that's impressive. Did you get her name? Now that
I'm single I'd love to know the secret, or is it just serendipity. I
just get retirees or weekend warriors that wait on me, or the gals are
from the fiberglass and stainless steel powerboat crowd.

Varnishing is pretty exciting on it's own merits. For many owners, from
their responses, a highly varnished tiller is and should be the
highlight of their R22. The word now from Stan is the supplier of his
tillers is out of business. Competitors, like Hunter and Catalina have
turned aluminum or some other unsexy choices. He may still find another
source, but for those looking for the GBI $50 replacement, it may be
time to preserve what they have.

One last note for "Da List", you can change my "yet-to-be-named" vessel
to S/V Wanda Lust. Unless you need to wait for the Naming Ceremony for
it to be official. Also, please send a copy when it's updated. Thanks.
Jay