[ham] Re: [Rhodes22-list] V-berth Storage

Mary Lou Troy mltroy@netreach.net
Sun, 09 Mar 2003 08:49:53 -0500

At 12:03 AM 3/9/2003 -0500, MJM wrote:
>be careful of using the v-berth for storage, the boat hate weight up
>frount with any wave action. more then a few time I have to
>dump water and shift junk to the center of the cabin.

On the other hand, it may depend on the weight distribution for the rest of
the boat. With our heavy outboard (which is lighter than Michael's) and the
anchor in the lazarette and the gastanks under the cockpit seats we seem to
need weight in the bow. We routinely use the vberth for storage. We keep
our spare anchor and chain up there and when we go cruising all of our
spare gear is in the v-berth. We're planning on making a conscious effort
to keep the water tank full. Guess we'll have to pay close attention to how
she sails. I'lll 'fess up if we decide we need to move some of the weight back.

Mary Lou