[Rhodes22-list] .bin files

Gardner, Douglas L. (LNG-DAY) douglas.gardner@lexisnexis.com
Mon, 10 Mar 2003 17:31:56 -0500

Wally,

 I don't remember if anyone asked you this or not...

What operating system are you using, and what is your mail program?

The reason I ask is that some software on the Mac (and perhaps other OSs)
use a default encoding format called binhex, and these use the .bin
extension.  Some machines read it just fine, and others don't.

Again, I don't know if this is what is happening here or not.  Just thought
I'd ask the question.

--Doug

-----Original Message-----
From: Wally Buck [mailto:tnrhodey@hotmail.com]
Sent: Monday, March 10, 2003 9:15 AM
To: rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] .bin files

Mary Lou,

Re .Bin Files - Yes it seems that some attachments are converted to .bin yet

I think I have seen many other files that were not. Heck I never really paid

much attention until some folks had problems opening the IMF Main drawing. I

do like the option to see attachments or not. I sometimes log on via cable
modem, other times 56K dial up.

Re The View - I took that pic Sunday AM, it really cleared up later in the
day. Our friends live on the river but well up an imposing bank. Their dock
is 102 steps exactly all the way down to the water. They have a very smart
Lab/Mix named Indy. Indy has his own small saddle bag type thing; kind of
like a doggie back pack. Indy is trained to go up the stairs with our
empties and come back down with cold beers, snacks, tools and so on! They
use a pair of cheap radios, it works great.

Once we were sailing my friends FJ about a half mile down river from his
dock. We came about to sail back and saw Indy about 100 yards ahead of us
swimming in the main channel. He had decided to follow us down river. This
area has quite a bit of speed boat traffic and we were really worried
someone would hit him. We about flipped the little FJ over hauling Indy
aboard. I think we took on about 10 gallons of water. We no longer use the
canoe or sailboat when Indy is out.

Wally