[Rhodes22-list] Anyone else see this? Is this a true storyor urban legend??

Wally Buck tnrhodey@hotmail.com
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 08:23:34 -0500

I would be surprised if Charlie Daniels even wrote the letter. Then again
Charlie is "born again" and seems to be in the press a lot these days so
perhaps he did. Usually any letter I see on the web I assume is a fake
however I did not see this one listed on the Urban Legend web site. So I
guess it could be real???

Anyway the rich and famous have a right to an opinion just like anyone else.
People don't seem to mind when they agree with the stars but they do seem to
mind when they disagree. I really couldn't care less what Hollywood (or
glitzy Nashville) stars have to say about politics.

Knoxville is not Baxley GA but there were 1000 plus people out on a cold
rainy day protesting a US attack on Iraq. I think war protesters usually
serve a good purpose; they help people consider other options. A lot of
people protesting against the Viet Nam conflict were called traitors. I
think history has showed they were protesting a war that we should not have
gotten involved in. I am not talking about the people spitting on service
men and calling them baby killers, many protesters did not behave this way.
America was lied to by our leaders. Viet Nam was a tragedy for the US and
the whole thing was handled poorly from the highest levels.

I am not saying there are no wars worth fighting or that we should never go
to war. I am saying I don’t care about celebrities and their political views
and that it is not unpatriotic to protest against war.

Wally

PS - I think "Long haired Country Boy" aka Charlie Daniels swore off
drinking and drugs a few years ago. No deli trays and champagne, try fried
chicken and sweet tea! ;-)