[Rhodes22-list] seat water

Kroposki kroposki@innova.net
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 12:01:49 -0500

Rummy, Wally,
	A previous owner drilled holes on the inside drainway near the
companion way door.  I guess to solve the water forward problem.
Unfortunately, he created another problem.  Water would siphon along the
inside edge and drip into the cabin.  At first I thought it was coming
from the centerboard pendant.  One day while it was raining, I got my
eyes under the edge and saw where it was coming from.  I glued tubes to
each hole and directed the tubes to the floor.  I stopped the leaking
into the cabin.  Yes, I occasionally have water under the seats in the
corners.  Not enough for me to bother with.  It would be a major project
to run the tubes completely out of the boat.  A doable project to run
the tubes to the back of boat, but tricky.

                              Ed K