[Rhodes22-list] Joke - Todays Headline

Bill Berner bberner@optonline.net
Sun, 30 Mar 2003 21:54:38 -0500

It goes to prove my theory that televisions great new television executives
in charge of entertainment programming are:

Warren I. Raq
And his assistant

Al Quaeda

Bill Berner
191 South Broadway
Hastings on Hudson, NY  10706

v 914 478 2896
f 914 478 3856
e BBerner@optonline.net

-----Original Message-----
From: rhodes22-list-bounces@rhodes22.org
[mailto:rhodes22-list-bounces@rhodes22.org] On Behalf Of brad haslett
Sent: Sunday, March 30, 2003 8:37 PM
To: rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Subject: [Rhodes22-list] Joke - Todays Headline

New War Show Lets Audience Call Shots
(2003-03-27) -- When it comes to military strategy,
studies show that the average TV viewer knows more
than the best commanders in the field. That's why
network executives are so excited about the potential
for "The War Show."

The new multi-hour daily drama 'virtually embeds' TV
viewers in military units in the field. Equipped with
nothing more than satellite TV, a chalk board and a
cell phone, the randomly-selected TV viewers will
command legions of troops in battle against the enemy.

"We know this show will be a ratings hit," said an
unnamed network spokesman. "Our only concern is that
with ordinary TV viewers calling the shots, the war
will be over too soon."

The War Show's producers acknowledge they may "throw a
few curves" to make the show last longer. For example,
"we may provide the enemy with detailed information
about strategy, timing and troop movements, just to
make it interesting