[Rhodes22-list] Re: Re: Help me decide if a Rhodes 22 is for me. (Bob Keller)

Craft, Clyde Clyde.Craft at EKU.EDU
Sun May 4 22:23:19 EDT 2003

Bob,

Thanks for your response. I was debating the trade-offs among the Rhodes 22 and the larger Catalinas and Hunters. Your experience and comments are helpful.

My vehicle, a Ford Explorer, is comparable to your Toyota 4Runner and I will only have the wife with me, so it should work well based on your experience. Like you, I would go for something bigger the next time I trade.

I also appreciated you sharing your experiences in Florida. They are similar to what I expect in Stuart, Florida where I plan to sail--sailing on the ICW and on the coast in calm seas. I sailed a McGregor last month and found that what you said about them to be true. The one I sailed also had a lot of weather helm.

Your experience has been invaluable to me. Thanks and pleasant sailing to you.

Clyde