[Rhodes22-list] Rowdy Rhodies In The Canton, GA Area

Jim Connolly jbconnolly at speakeasy.net
Tue May 6 20:20:32 EDT 2003

I second that.

Over the past ten years, for one reason or another, I seem to have
interviewed with EVERY possible company in the environmental field in this
area.  My success rate was not high.  Recently I found a good oppportunity.
My wife suggested that I practice with a friend of ours who seems to be able
to get a new job whenever she wants.  We sat and talked and practiced the
typical questions for about two hours.  Lots of good feedback.

One hint she gave was to have a (short) list of questions  written down for
the nearly inevitable "... so do you have any questions?"  The questions
should be tailored to elicit information you need, as well as
indicate/reinforce your interest and expertise.

It worked.  I started my new job yesterday.

If you have a friend who has a good success rate with interviews.  Set up a
meeting and pick his/her brain.  It will be worth it. Your confidence will
be improved, your answers quick and accurate.  It will help you apply the
research you have already done on the target company.

Good luck.  You can do it!

Jim Connolly