[Rhodes22-list] Rowdy Rhodies In The Canton, GA Area

Robert Dilk Robert.Dilk at TRW.COM
Wed May 7 08:56:53 EDT 2003

I would also like to add my 2 cents.

1998-1999 was a bad time for me.
I took a contract job 1500 miles from home to keep the cash flowing.
It took two years and another job before we settled in North Carolina.
Stay flexible and work your options.

Bob Dilk

>>> flybrad at yahoo.com 05/06/03 04:05PM >>>
Roger,

Let me be serious just this one time on the list.

You don't have to uproot your family, it sounds like
they're pretty well grounded.  Do what you have to do
for yourself.  They'll be fine.  In the Chinese
community (where I live) its not unheard of for for
couples to live apart for 3/4/5 years, whatever it
takes to keep the family moving until things gel. Get
a cheap apartment by yourself until things are right
to move the rest of the group, or not, one step at a
time.  Get the job, get on your feet, see what
happens.  We Americans think everything has to be
solved yesterday.  Its 16 hours driving time between
GA and home. Go to work, establish cash flow, see what
happens.

Louis Haslett preached "all work is dignified".  I try
not to preach, but, it sure as hell feels good to
work. Focus on the interview and everything else will
find its place.

My 2 cents worth.

Brad