[Rhodes22-list] To Stan @ GBI

Roger Pihlaja cen09402 at centurytel.net
Fri May 9 21:18:56 EDT 2003

Dear Stan,

If you've been following the list this week; then, you know I had a job interview with Isotec International, Inc. down in Canton, GA.  Isotec is in the urethanes business.  I'm writing to you to let you know about a series of Isotec products intended for the recreational marine industry.  The following link will take you to the appropriate page on Isotec's website:

http://www.isotecintl.com/industry/pleasureboats.htm

Does your manufacturing facility bump up against VOC emission limits down there in N. Carolina?  Are your styrene emissions limiting your ability to produce product or expand your operations?  If so, then you might be particularly interested in Isotec's ACRYLOBOND-EXP product, a two-component polyurethane designed to be an environmentally friendly, drop-in replacement for the polyester resins currently used.  As a polyurethane, I would imagine the UV resistance, impact and abrasion resistance, flexibility & resistance to crazing, & resistance to osmotic blistering would also be much better.  What would you think about polyurethane/glass fiber reinforced Rhodes 22's?

Your committment to continuous improvement of our R-22's is well known.  When I saw the spec sheet for this product, I immediately though of you.

I don't know about relative cost of the Isotec product vs. the polyester resins you currently use.

Roger Pihlaja
S/V Dynamic Equilibrium