[Rhodes22-list] Mooring Pennants

bgreenwald at optonline.net bgreenwald at optonline.net
Sun May 11 19:31:58 EDT 2003

David,

I have used the chocks witrh a bridle.   Itr works fine although I find it a little awkward getting the lloop from the pickup side to the other side of the bow.  A word of caution, however.  My bridle was apparently tooshort with the consequence that the mooring buoy, unbeknonst to me, was apparently banging against the bow all last summer and did a job on the gelcoat.  I'm still trying to get the damage cleaned up.  I have tried to address the problem by lengthening the bridle and, for good measure, replacing the wooden buoy with one of the inflatable balls, bottom painted.  It wasn't cheap to redo the mooring, but neither is fixing the glass damage.  Good luck with the mooring.

Bruce Greenwald
S/V Ruach II