[Rhodes22-list] Blue Loon?

Julie Thorndycraft julie at circle7.net
Thu May 15 07:12:23 EDT 2003

Fandango, Fandango - this is Blue Loon calling from our driveway....

Hi Steve,
Yes Blue Loon is sitting in our driveway rather than in the water. We have a
small problem with a leak in the port side hatch and need to get this fixed
before we launch - call me lazy but I don't want to have to haul cushions
out of the boat every time we leave just to ensure that they don't get
soaked. We've now isolated the two spots where water is coming in (two
opposite corners) and Dan will take the hatch out today to fill the
questionable screw holes so they can be reset.

While were at it, we are also building shelves under the galley so we have
enough room for all of Dan's cooking paraphernalia and I've also bought
material to make hanging pockets in the v-berth like you have. I doubt I'll
get that done before we launch.

The new job has also been demanding, trying to figure out what each of my
three groups does and who is who has been a challenge - translate that into
some very long days and weekend work. Figure I might have a life again in
another month.

I'm hoping that we will launch the boat this weekend or early next week. If
you want to stop over to see her, just give us a call. Or you can wait until
we can take you sailing.....

Julie
952.470.1152

P.S. We still owe you information on Amsterdam.