[Rhodes22-list] Locking Hatch

lcrowther at cox.net lcrowther at cox.net
Fri May 16 00:45:36 EDT 2003

This is the first time trying to email pictures using Kodak Software.  Here are 4 pictures I took today of how the previous owner solved the hatch locking problem.  I'm sorry if the pictures are not in the order I describe them and that I forgot to use the flash for the picture inside the boat causing my camera read the light through the hatch opening.

The first picture shows a slot he cut in the folding top of the companionway door to take lock fitting.  You may be reluctant to cut a newer plastic version!

The second rotten picture shows the fitting that is bolted through the brace under the hatch cover.

The third picture shows the hatch push back to detail the fitting on the brace and the backing plate that holds it in place.

The last picture shows the fitting through the slot shown in the first picture with a padlock that holds everything together.

Bear in mind UHURU II is an '84 version and may be nothing like the newer models.  This arrangement works well for me.

Lloyd

Eastman Kodak
Share Moments. Share Life.

These pictures were sent using Kodak's free
EasyShare software (http://www.kodak.com/go/EasySharerd)
Visit: http://www.ofoto.com