[ham] RE: [Rhodes22-list] Rhodes 22 For Sale

brad haslett flybrad at yahoo.com
Sat May 17 04:35:11 EDT 2003

MJM,

Good to know you still have your priorities right.
The Rhodes is safely covered and moored on her
trailer.  The S2 is no doubt bobbing and weaving
against the dock.  The thunderstorms haven't let up
yet (its 5am) and I haven't slept but a few hours all
night between listening to storms and tying and
re-tying the docklines during my sleep.  I'm going to
the lake (about 90 minutes) Monday if I can wait that
long.  The power was out here for most of the night
but we got by on flashlights.  I did have the Honda
generator ready to go if need be.  It may be overkill
for a R-22 but it sure is nice to have a genset in
your garage.  If it doesn't stop raining here soon I
may just unstrap the Rhodes from the trailer and sail
to Pickwick to check on the S2.  We're under flash
flood watch all day.  Al Rooker from the Today Show is
in town for the Memphis in May Festival BBQ contest.
He better like soggy buns!  The police evacuated the
park where the festival is held about 11pm last night.
 Today it will be a muddy mess.  We have a pilot team
that competes every year, the "Porky Pilots", but this
year they'll have to mail me a sample, I'm not going
anywhere near the place.  Oh yeah, Memphis has just
reported its first suspected SARS cases.  One guy had
been to Toronto and the other to Hong Kong and yup,
FedEx employees.  The paper didn't say whether they
were pilots or not.  When it rains it pours!

Brad

Brad