[Rhodes22-list] Soap Boxes ***POLITICAL***

Ronald Lipton lipton at sprynet.com
Tue May 27 18:31:03 EDT 2003

I have similar feelings to Bill.  I feel that some of the posts are
cheap shots which are best left to a list of fellow right-leaners.
It is irritating, and perhaps insulting, to people with different
viewpoints.
I could also post a set of random links to items on the other side
of the political fence.  It is much easier than expressing real thought
on complex issues.  That is also why I avoid bumper stickers.
The real world is too complex to reduce to the sort of simplified
sloganeering we see too often on this list.

On the other hand, I know how to use the delete key and treat most of the
political posts the same way I treat spam.   This list is about
sailing, but it shouldn't be arbitrarily restricted. It would be nice, and
much
easier if there was a ***POLITICAL*** flag in the subject line of such
messages.  It would avoid many raised blood pressures and ill feelings.

Ron Lipton