[Rhodes22-list] Mike, Jed Clampett goes sailing!

brad haslett flybrad at yahoo.com
Tue May 27 18:45:51 EDT 2003

Mike,

One of the reasons I bought the particular S2 9.2C I
did is that it has very little equipment on it. I
prefer to add my own rather than fix someone elses ten
year old stuff. The fewer thru-the-hulls the better. I
do have the small microwave/generator combo I
purchased last year and will use it sometimes.  Here's
my solution for A/C.  Built in units require a
thru-hull and take up space and can only be used at
the dock anyway.  Cruise-Air and some others make
carry-on units but they cost $800+.  I'm buying a 6000
BTU window unit from Sams for $100 that weighs 50 lbs
and am building a PVC handle that will also protect
the boat deck from damage.  The A/C will be connected
to the forward hatch via a fabric duct.  When I leave
the to go sailing I'll simply pick the A/C unit up and
set it on the dock. Since so many on the list think
I'm some redneck hillbilly who can't think I may as
well prove them right!

Brad