[Rhodes22-list] Rhendezvous Rain-out (nearly) Report

SVTRITON at aol.com SVTRITON at aol.com
Wed May 28 09:51:32 EDT 2003

hi all
just to add a footnote to MaryLou's report, Linda and I could not bear to
leave the Eastern Shore so we spent the night at the Holiday Inn in Graysonville
with a beautiful view of the Chester River entrance to Kent Narrows.  The next
morning we walked around Kent Narrows watching boats going through the
channel and caught a bridge raising for a lone sailboat, which I haven't seen for
awhile.  We then decided to extend another day, Monday, and go to St. Michael's
and Oxford via the ferry.  We had lunch at the Crab Claw in St. Michael's and
visited the Cutts and Case Boatyard in Oxford.  I highly recommend a visit to
this facility where they still build wooden sail and power boats.  Eddie
Cutts, who studied under Herreshoff in Brooklyn, NY, still runs the yard at age 76
(he also lives on the property).His prize possession, which is on exhibit, is
the powerboat FOTO, which was used by Rosenfeld to film the great America's
Cup races off Newport during the 20's, 30's and 40's.  He found the boat in  a
bogg in Tennessee and has restored it over the years.  They are currently
building a 65 ft power boat and restoring a 42 ft sail boat.  We ate dinner at the
Town Dock Restaurant in St. Michaels, which was great.  We stayed at the Best
Western in St. Michael's.  We inquired about staying at the Robert Morris Inn
in Oxford and were told the cheapest room would be $110 if we ate at the Inn,
otherwise the rate was $170, so we opted out.  Tuesday morning we returned to
Baltimore, in the rain. and hope to get on the boat today but Mother Nature
doesn't seem to be cooperating.  Looking forward to our next adventure.

Best,
Tom

ps...wally..if you read this..whats a bogg and did i spell it right