[Rhodes22-list] Wally, more POLITICS!

brad haslett flybrad at yahoo.com
Thu May 29 13:40:01 EDT 2003

Wally,

Yahoo truncated the message because I guess it got so
long the screen couldn't handle it.  Anyway, about
three responses is about all I can handle without it
becoming to cumbersome to figure out who said what.

I agree, people can read the same (facts) or analysis
and come up with different conclusions.  Some people
are still debating whether Harry Truman did the right
thing by using the atomic bomb (I think he did and was
a great President).  Some question whether Kennedy
allowed the Cuban Missle Crisis and the Cuban
situation to develop out of control ( I give him
thumbs up on the missles, a pass on the overall Cuban
situation).

Last comment (the sighs of relief can be heard even
here).  I don't think for one second that Bush
launched a war to take the electorate's mind off the
economy.  I'll even give Clinton a bye on not firing a
Tomahawk at Osama's donkey just to take the country's
mind off his blowjobs and smoking habits.  The economy
is in bad shape for a variety of reasons.  Nixon
commented long after he left office that  Presidents
always got blamed for a bad economy and took credit
for things when the economy was doing well, even
though they were basically victims of the economic
cycle and were largely "along for the ride", I sure
hope this cycle is over soon.

Brad