[Rhodes22-list] Stan, CAUTION, politics ahead

Wally Buck tnrhodey at hotmail.com
Fri May 30 09:26:38 EDT 2003

>From: brad haslett <flybrad at yahoo.com>
>To: The Rhodes 22 mail list <rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org>
>Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] Stan, CAUTION, politics ahead
>Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 18:09:58 -0700 (PDT)
>

>Do we engage ourselves in Middle East politics because
>of oil?  Well, it sure as hell isn't about the sand.
>Did we have any business going into Somolia, Bosnia,
>and all the other places we went during Clinton's
>administration?  I have mixed emotions but I think its
>a bit shallow and partisan to accept one invasion
>because it was "the right thing to do" and a given
>President decided to do it and then criticize another
>President because he "did the right thing" but oil was
>involved.  If someone wants to deplore or protest war,
>fine.  Keep party politics out of it and be
>consistant.  I don't remember the massing in the
>streets of all the anti-war folks when "their" man was
>in office.
>
>Brad

Brad,

Now we are getting off track and you are tryin gto read between the lines. I
am not making any judgement on any of the wars or skirmishes we have been
involved in. Don't be mislead by my posts. I never voted for Clinton (or
Gore or "w") but I did vote. I have not crticized 43 other than to say he
mangels the English language and he would not be in office today without
41's influence. Clinton was able to benefit from the boom created by an
economy that grew while he was in office. The left will give Clinton credit,
the right will say it was the Repuiblican controlled Congress. Much of the
growth in the 90s was based on BS accounting and the explosion of Dot Coms.
We all know what happened next. Poor "W" was just unlucky enough to be the
next guy in and had to suffer the down side of the dot coms along with 911.

I did mention some of the past "wars" just to point out to Ric that not
every invasion was instigated with economic gain in mind. I didn't post if I
thought these invasions were right or worng. Some had more merit than others
but this wasn't the point of my posts. Wars is not good, but I do believe it
is neccessary. I think the primary reason should be when our National
Security is threatened. I think when our financial interests are at stake we
should look for alternative methods to settle the dispute.

There is nothing partisan about any of my posts and if i gave that
impression it was not my intent. I repeat - Party politics had nothing to do
with any of my posts. As usual Brad we are a lot closer than you may think
regarding these issues.

Wally