[Rhodes22-list] FW: [rhodes-list] Rhodes 22 Parting

Kroposki kroposki at innova.net
Wed Oct 1 14:10:44 EDT 2003

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Carlin [mailto:jncarlin at carltex.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2003 12:02 PM
To: kroposki at innova.net
Subject: RE: [rhodes-list] Rhodes 22 Parting

The keel broke off - actually part of it - I think that my mooring line
wrapped around it during a windstorm. Without the ballast, it started to
take on water, was listing (I had not visited the boat for 2 weeks, but
observers at the dock were "taking bets as to when it would sink") and
finally turtled!!!! Luckily, I caught it within a day of it happening,
had some local fishermen right it and tow it to the dock where I had my
boat transport guy load it on its cradle and take it back to my house
where it has been sitting ever since.

But its not all bad news - my wife allowed me to buy a Catalina 25 Swing
Keel - so I still can sail! (I do however visit it every few days to
make sure it is still floating!!!)

Joe Carlin
Carltex Inc.
POB 120