[Rhodes22-list] Leaking through the Rub Rail

Julie Thorndycraft julie at circle7.net
Thu Oct 2 07:58:29 EDT 2003

Since the topic of leaks is being discussed, I thought I'd toss in another variation. Whenever we heel over far enough to put the rubrail in the water or get a a fair amount of spray over the bow, we start to have small trickles of water that come in from what must be the seam between the top of the boat and the base hull. It's not alot of water, just a trickle that runs down the carpeted sides. Does this happen to anyone else? What would be the best method of resolving the issue?

Thanks,
Julie Thorndycraft
S/V Blue Loon
Excelsior, MN