[Rhodes22-list] no jokes for rummy :-)

Michael Meltzer mjm at michaelmeltzer.com
Thu Oct 2 20:15:26 EDT 2003

It was the first day of school and a new student named Martinez, the son of
a Mexican restaurateur, entered the fourth grade. The teacher said, "Let's
begin by reviewing some American history. Who said "Give me Liberty, or give
me Death?"

She saw a sea of blank faces, except for Martinez, who had his hand up.
"Patrick Henry, 1775."

"Very good! Who said 'Government of the people, by the people, for the
people, shall not perish from the earth'"?

Again, no response except from Martinez: "Abraham Lincoln, 1863.", said
Martinez.

The teacher snapped at the class, "Class, you should be ashamed. Martinez,
who is new to our country, knows more about its history than you do."

She heard a loud whisper: "Screw the Mexicans."

"Who said that?" she demanded.

Martinez put his hand up. "Jim Bowie, 1836."

At that point, a student in the back said, "I'm gonna puke."

The teacher glares and asks "All right! Now, who said that?"

Again, Martinez says, "George Bush to the Japanese Prime Minister, 1991."

Now furious, another student yells, "Oh yeah? Suck this!"

Martinez jumps out of his chair waving his hand and shouts to the teacher,
"Bill Clinton, to Monica Lewinsky, 1997!"

Now with almost a mob hysteria someone said, "You little shit. If you say
anything else, I'll kill you."

Martinez frantically yells at the top of his voice, "Gary Condit to Chandra
Levy 2001."

The teacher fainted. And as the class gathered around the teacher on the
floor, someone said, "Oh shit, we're in BIG trouble!"

Martinez said, "Saddam Hussein 2003."

 - from Jimi Pocius

--
A big earthquake with the strength of 8.1 on the Richter scale has hit
Mexico. 150,000 Mexicans have died and over a million are injured. The

The rest of the world is in shock.

Canada is sending troopers to help the Mexican army control the riots. The
European community (except France) is sending food and money. The United
States, not to be outdone, is sending 150,000 replacement Mexicans.

God Bless America!

 - from Sandy Fraser

--
"The United States of America should have a foundation free from the
influence of clergy."- George Washington

"I have examined all the known superstitions of the word, and I do not find
in our particular superstition of Christianity one redeeming feature."-
Thomas Jefferson

"Twenty times in the course of my late reading, have I been upon the point
of breaking out, `this would be the best of all possible worlds, if there
were no religion in it.'"- John Adams

"What influence in fact have Christian ecclesiastical establishments had on
civil society? In many instances they have been upholding the thrones of
political tyranny. In no instance have they been seen as the guardians of
the liberties of the people. Rulers who wished to subvert the public liberty
have found in the clergy convenient auxiliaries. A just government,
instituted to secure and perpetuate liberty, does not need the clergy."-
James Madison

"The age of ignorance commenced with the Christian system."- Thomas Paine

"Denominated a Deist, the reality of which I have never disputed, being
conscious that I am no Christian."- Ethan Allen

"One of the embarrassing problems for the early nineteenth-century champions
of the Christian faith was that not one of the first six Presidents of the
United States was an orthodox Christian."-The Encyclopedia Britannica, 1968,
pg. 420

"Having escaped from the state-established religions of Europe, only 7% of
the people in the 13 colonies belonged to a church when the Declaration of
Independence was signed."-postfun.com

"The Treaty of Tripoli, passed by the U.S. Senate in 1797, read in part:
"The government of the United States is not in any sense founded on the
Christian religion." The treaty was written during the Washington
administration, and sent to the Senate during the Adams administration. It
was read aloud to the Senate, and each Senator received a printed copy. This
was the 339th time that a recorded vote was required by the Senate, but only
the third time a vote was unanimous (the next time was to honor George
Washington). There is no record of any debate or dissension on the treaty.
It was reprinted in full in three newspapers - two in Philadelphia, one in
New York City. There is no record of public outcry or complaint in
subsequent editions of the papers."-

++
http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/fematape.html

FEMA IN NEW YORK THE NIGHT BEFORE 9/11?

Click HERE http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/fema.rm for a RealAudio
recording of a statement made by FEMA spokesman Tom Kenney to Dan Rather on
Wednesday, September 12th.
In this interview, Tom states that FEMA was deployed to New York on Monday
night, September 10th, to be ready to go into action on Tuesday morning,
September 11th.

Needless to say, this recording has caused quite a stir. The official
reaction is that Kenney was simply confused about the dates. However, Kenney
is complaining on the recording about not getting full access to the site
until "today". Kenney talks about a Monday, a Tuesday, and "today". That's
three days. If indeed the above recording was made on Wednesday, September
12th as claimed, then the explanation that Kenney was simply confused about
the days doesn't work, because there is one more day than can be accounted
for.

Mr. Kenney has since been ordered not to discuss this incident.

++
The proud warriors of Baker Company wanted to do something to pay tribute to
our fallen comrades. So since we are part of the only Infantry Battalion
left in Iraq the one way that we could think of doing that is by taking a
picture of Baker Company saying the way we feel. It would be awesome if you
could find a way to share this with our fellow countrymen. I was wondering
if there was any way to get this into your papers to let the world know that
"WE HAVE NOT FORGOTTEN" and are proud to serve our country.

Semper Fi
1stSgt Dave Jobe 'Baker 8" (See attached file: Baker 9-11.jpg)

 - from Brad Whitley