[Rhodes22-list] The Chili Race

Wally Buck tnrhodey at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 6 12:05:35 EDT 2003

Julie & Roger,

Funny this should come up ....Saturday I found out my club has changed my
PHRF from a 290 to a 260! They used a 290 based on my suggestion but I guess
they read the same book Julie’s club uses. I was able to win races at 290.
At 260 with IMF and a 125 I came in no better than third out of six in three
races. I mentioned that I thought a 260 was for the standard main but the
book has no distinction. I guess I can whine a little and maybe get some
relief.

Roger gives some great racing tips. One of my favorite tactics has always
been to watch the guys that win all the races. This works best in one design
racing but I still use it because I haven’t raced in years. When I first
raced Sunfishes and then Lasers in the 70s I won a bunch of races using this
technique.

Good luck and have fun!

Wally