[Rhodes22-list] Traveling bimini, and let the questions begin .

Ben Schultz BenS at ApproSystems.com
Mon Oct 6 17:21:54 EDT 2003

Rummy, that son of a gun didn't budge.  I pushed close to 90 mph for 8
hours, but I couldn't move it.  I'm tempted to take it to the lake next
weekend on top of the VW Beetle, just for the sake of the challenge.
(Well...maybe not...)

I've been meaning to take the time to confirm for everyone what a fantastic
host Rummy is.  We had a perfect sailing day -- great temperature, fine
wind, and flowing rum.  I have never been much of a rum drinker, but now
that I've had Mt. Gay, I'll be adding a bottle to my bar.  I hope you will
find your way in this direction and give me the chance to reciprocate.

I didn't have any mounting hardware in there, but I looked at a lot of the
pictures on the web site last night, and I think I've got some of what I
need already on Velvet Elvis.  So, here are the armchair questions that I
have, based on this picture:
http://www.rhodes22.org/rhodes/pics/Gallant1.jpg

1.  There are lines going forward and aft from each side that connect to
small eye-bolts.  I am pretty certain that I have the eye-bolts already
attached.  Are these nylon straps, regular line, bungee cords, or something
else?

2.  How are the main tubes attached to the gunnel?  They appear in the
picture to be attached to the fairlead track somehow, but I can't really
tell for sure.

Thanks,
Ben
R22 Velvet Elvis