[Rhodes22-list] Leaking through the Rub Rail

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Thu Oct 9 07:18:54 EDT 2003

Yes, if you are going to remove the rub rail, it can be reused. You will have
to drill the heads off the rivets and then use a flat punch to drive the
rivets inside the hull. You will find them everywhere, in the lazzerette, in the
cockpit and in the bilge.
When you reinstall the rub rail, do not use a rivet with a large head. I made
that mistake thinking it would hold better. It makes the rub rail dimpled. I
had to remove all of them and start over. Use what originally came with the
boat.

Rummy